Innovant Public Relations is seeking a summer intern to assist with communications, branding, marketing community outreach, and social media projects for a variety of renewable energy clients. The duration of the internship is six months but has the potential to extend, depending on the company’s needs, as well as intern performance. The ideal candidate is a total rock star with excellent writing and social media skills and possesses a keen passion for public relations and communications strategy. If you are a high-energy individual, enjoy putting forth significant effort to achieve optimal results, and are interested in working for an exciting, growing, and dynamic PR firm, we want to meet you. Please provide a recent writing sample and three references with your resume and email it to email@example.com.
This position is based in Durham, North Carolina.
- Drafting and editing communications materials including website copy, press releases, copy for marketing materials (i.e., handouts), and reporter pitches
- Assisting with drafting content for social media sites and managing client social media accounts
- Monitoring key publications for client mentions or sensitive information and sharing relevant updates with clients, as needed
- Compiling and distributing press clip reports following client announcements/press releases
- Assisting with event coordination and support
- Coordinating branded swag orders for clients
- Supporting administrative duties, as needed
- Managing the process of ensuring communications deliverables are completed on time and are in line with client expectations
- Serving as the point of contact for select clients, as needed
- Organizing and managing electronic files, photos, and graphics
- Maintaining and updating media lists, editorial calendars, conference trackers
- Taking detailed notes and follow-ups in meetings/calls
- Educational background in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of renewable energy preferred
- Ability to produce a first-rate work product under tight deadlines
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- Verbal communication and interpersonal skills, competence making and participating in professional phone calls
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Stellar writing, editing, and proofing skills
- Deep experience in using social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Intermediate working knowledge of WordPress (or other web content management systems), Canva, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is a plus
About Innovant PR
Innovant Public Relations, a communications strategy firm, was launched with a goal of supporting companies, both in the clean energy sector and elsewhere, that are seeking results-oriented community outreach counsel and support, media relations, branding, and government affairs guidance and analysis.
We specialize in using integrated marketing communications strategies to generate positive exposure for our clients. Our approach is to use the best of each medium (earned media, social media, web content, advertising, events and sponsorships, product placement, and marketing collateral) to build on the impact of others, so that the end result far exceeds what can be expected from any single source or campaign. At Innovant, we appreciate working within a set budget and under tight deadlines.
Innovant is founded on deep, hard-earned public relations, community outreach, and government affairs experience. We are a highly skilled team of creatives, writers, strategists, artists, dreamers, and doers. We are inspired by every project that we work on, big or small. Our passion for the work and dedication to success are what bonds us as a team and inspires us to excel and do our very best for our clients.